If you’re a social worker planning to continue to practise next year, you need to complete your registration renewal now.
The majority of social workers have activated their online accounts already. The next step, and a necessary condition for renewing registration, is to upload one piece of CPD.
Those social workers who have failed to upload CPD by 30 November will be asked to do so within the next 21 days. If they do not comply, they will be removed from the register.
You cannot renew your registration without uploading a piece of CPD.
There is clear guidance about how to record CPD online, and the following tips are a good starting point:
- Summarise your CPD in a document such as Word and save it regularly to avoid losing anything.
- When you start your online record, make sure you answer all the questions. You won’t be able to submit your CPD otherwise.
- Stick to the prescribed word limits. If you exceed them, you may lose some of your work.
- Avoid any information which could identify others – all CPD records must be anonymised.
- Importantly – don’t forget to submit your record. Select ‘Submit CPD at the end of the form to finish off.
You have until 30 November 2020 to renew your registration, but you should activate your online account as soon as possible. You need to ensure you have enough time to record your CPD and check that your details are up to date.
If you have any problems with your renewal, your PPR consultant will be able to help. Don’t hesitate to get in touch.