Principal for Standards and Practice in Children's Community Health Services
Location: South West
Pay: £350.00 per day
Closing date: 26/10/2020
We have a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished community health leader to join the team in Swindon. You will be at the heart of improving health and well-being and tackling inequality for children, young people and their families.
Achieving our vision in Swindon of 'one children's service, consistently good every day and onwards to outstanding' requires outstanding leadership. We have a strong foundation for you to build on; following significant investment in Children's Services that has supported significant improvement. Our hard work was endorsed by Ofsted Good rating for our Children's Services July 2019.
We now need a talented Principal for Standards and Practice to ensure we build on this momentum. You will bring an in depth knowledge and experience of community health services, to lead and manage the service development across all health services provided by the Local Authority.
The role requires a standout candidate with dynamic leadership, excellent communication skills and a proven capacity and ability to work across the multidisciplinary spectrum at both strategic and operational levels.
Perfect candidate will be:
In this role you will:
- Relevant degree level professional Health or clinical related qualification e.g. Children’s Nurse, Therapist (OT, Speech and Language Therapist, Physiotherapist)
- Extensive strategic management experience in both a health and integrated working settings.
- Demonstrable in-depth understanding of legislation and statutory guidance relating to health wellbeing and Integrated working
- To be the CQC Registered Manager for SBC regulated activities for children.
- To provide specialist and expert advice and guidance to practitioners and managers particularly as an expert on health and well-being, safeguarding and best practice.
- To develop and implement appropriate arrangements for clinical supervision and accountability of health care practices in liaison with the NMC
- To be responsible for the co–ordination and completion of Clinical Audit and Quality Assurance processes and undertake case file audits in accordance with policy and practice standards taking appropriate remedial action where necessary.
- To be the accountable officer within Children’s Services that manages the Council’s relationship with the CCG and Public Health.
- To take the lead role in preparing for inspections by Care Quality Commission across the whole service and support the wider safeguarding and looked after children inspection processes (ILAC Inspection framework).
- To work closely with the children services performance team to develop a single case management system fit for purpose for all health practitioners to support the process of information sharing and case work management.
- Manage and coordinate the response relating to health related complaints and access to records
- Work closely with the Children’s Services Management Team to embed a learning and development culture
- The post holder will work with Service Managers, Operational Managers, Professional Leads and frontline practitioners to embed a performance management and improvement culture within the multidisciplinary teams.
- To have prime responsibility for the effective management of a designated budget and keep up to date with external funding opportunities for developing high quality health care practices. Total budget in the region of 500-600k.
- Work closely with public health to ensure that services are fulfilling their public health role and function to promote healthy lives.
- Work with the Early Help Services to develop the new role of Health Visitors in building stronger local communities in partnership with voluntary and community groups, midwifery, and the development of peer support and befriending networks to provide a range of self-support and early help around health and well-being issues.
- To prepare and present reports, attend Council Cabinet Committees,
Swindon Safeguarding Partnership (SSP), the Health and Well Being Board and any other groups/boards required. To actively participate in any community initiatives to raise awareness of, and involvement in, health and wellbeing across the Borough.
This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
- The postholder will need to access people and information across the Local Authority including the DCS and DASS, the Lead Member for Children’s Services, managers and frontline practitioners and Swindon Partners to discharge their duties and responsibilities.
- The post holder will be required to influence and oversee the implementation of change and quality improvements across a range of different partner organisations.
- Act as an expert resource for children and young people’s health for information, advice, guidance and support for families and professionals.
- To provide leadership to staff ensuring clinical, professional development within an overall framework of clinical governance and self -regulation to continually improve the quality of service.
Dedicated consultant who has access to all roles across the UK and is available for you to speak to, easy registration process, referral schemes and incentives, ongoing compliance managed for you, prompt and reliable payroll and lots more.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Bristol, Reading, Swindon, Eastleigh, Ashton Keyes, Bishopstone, Castle Eaton, Chisledon, Cirencester, Newberry, Bath, Andover, Basingstoke, Oxford, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, Winchester, Chippenham,