Care Proceedings Case Manager
Location: Greater London
Pay rate: £56,424 - £62,820 + Market Supplementary Payment of £1500 + Car Allowance
We are looking for experienced and passionate Team Manager to lead a Care Proceedings Case Manager. As the Manager of an Assessment Team you will be;
Perfect candidate will have:
- Providing specialist input to inform the Quality Assurance of practice for all children’s Public Law Outline, care proceedings and pre proceedings work within Harrow Council.
- Manage the senior parenting assessors within the service whose focus of work is to ensure high quality assessments are completed and developing the skills, expertise and knowledge of social workers completing court assessments
- Providing specialist input to the delivery of legal proceedings within current practice requirements.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in the Local Authority by ensuring care planning is effective and care proceedings cases progress in a timely fashion and by identifying opportunities to improve service delivery.
- The work achieved will impact on the reputation of the Local Authority in the public domain, most notably with the judiciary and Cafcass.
- Deputise for the Head of the Children in Need Service, as required.
In this role you will:
- Excellent knowledge of: Children Act 1989, 2004 in addition to the Children and Families Act 2014 the “Framework for the Assessment of Children and Their Families” Working Together to Safeguard Children
- A strong understanding of the care proceedings/family justice system and care proceedings.
- Knowledge of national, corporate, and departmental policies and procedures on confidentiality and the management and sharing of information.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the pressures faced by families with children living in socially deprived neighbourhoods and the broad categories of services and resources available to children and families, to meet identified needs including the responsibilities of other agencies such as Housing, Education and Health
- Considerable experience of case responsibility for children subject to care proceedings.
- At least 2 years’ managerial experience at Team Manager level and other management experience of statutory local authority front line social work services, including children in need of care and protection within a legal framework
- Experience of successful performance management, setting and monitoring quality standards and challenging poor performance.
- Experience of user consultation and participation focusing on the needs of service users and carers.
- Experience of working in partnership with professional agencies and families.
- Education to degree level or equivalent or has the equivalent relevant work experience.
- Providing professional supervision, reflective learning and development.
- Deliver demonstrable service and performance improvements Devise individual care plans, taking account of diversity and promoting dignity and empowerment.
This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
- Ability to analyse and interpret qualitative & quantitative information
- Excellent verbal skills (including on a 1 to 1 basis and public speaking events)
Dedicated consultant who has access to all roles across the UK and is available for you to speak to, easy registration process, referral schemes and incentives, ongoing compliance managed for you, prompt and reliable payroll and lots more.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Hammersmith, Chiswick, Wembley, City of London, Wimbledon, Fulham, Lambeth, London, Twickenham, High Wycombe, Slough, Maidenhead, Bracknell, Guildford, Croydon, Bromley, Dartford, Romford, Watford, Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Ilford, Chelmsford, Edgeware, Barnet,