Service Manager - Residential Services
Location: North East
Pay rate: £49 per hour
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Service Manager to join the Residential Services Team. The purpose of the post is to support the work to improve the standard of practice across Children’s Residential Services, as part of the improvement programme and in line with the Children’s Home Regulations and Quality Standards. The post holder will focus on improving quality across the service through use of a range of quality assurance processes, including audit, review and service development and improvement projects working directly with the registered managers and their teams.
In this role you will:
- Ensure children and young people are safeguarded, well cared for, achieving outcomes and where their views and wishes are listened to.
- Direct line management of the Team Managers and oversight of the wider residential team.
- Act as a link between the Service and Ofsted during and between Inspections.
- Take a lead role in ensuring legislation and guidance is adhered to, providing advice and oversight as required.
- Lead the implementation of the audit programme across the residential homes. This will include, but not be exclusive to Regulation 44 and Regulation 45.
- Develop systems and tools which support the quality improvement requirements and priorities of the service in line with the regulations and quality standards.
- Based on improvement themes that emerge from audit activity, work with team managers, registered managers and their teams to improve aspects of practice that will assist them in delivering an outstanding residential offer.
- Lead on the development of policies and guidance that will support the delivery of high-quality practice standards and processes which ensure high quality practice standards and records.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure Children’s Homes have a robust and modern approach to induction, management development and continued professional development.
- Gather and analyse the feedback from our children and young people, their families and champions to understand how we are doing and what else we could achieve.
- Lead on the development of plans for service and practice improvement both within individual homes and across the residential service.
- Support registered managers in their preparation for Inspection.
- Play a key role in sharing information on the progress of the service through data and reporting.
- Use researching and learning from best practice regionally and nationally to inform practice standards.
- Work in accordance with DCC Human Resources policies and procedures including supervision, appraisal, sickness management, health and safety and safe recruitment.
- Manage a designated budget and ensuring that all available resources are co-ordinated and managed achieving value for money in all circumstances through the monitoring and control of expenditure.
Any other duties appropriate to the role and grade.Perfect candidate will be:
This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
- Qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England.
- Able to Pass an enhanced DBS
- Experienced in working with children and families including those from vulnerable groups.
- Creative, flexible and forward thinking in approach.
- Knowledgeable of Child Protection legislation and understanding of child protection issues.
- Constantly striving for continuous improvement to provide the best outcomes for children.
- Able to use excellent mediation and negotiation skills on behalf of service users.
- Highly skilled at building meaningful relationships with children and families to engage them in assessments and plans
- Committed to providing our service users with a high-quality service
- Experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary, interagency basis
- 4 Years plus Qualified
Dedicated consultant who has access to all roles across the UK and is available for you to speak to, easy registration process, referral schemes and incentives, ongoing compliance managed for you, prompt and reliable payroll and lots more.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Durham, Redcar, Saltburn-by-the-Sea, Guisborough, Brotton, Eston, Skelton and Loftus, Middlesbourgh, Darlington, Hartlepool, Scarborough, Bedlington, Hambleton, Stockton-on-Tees, Darlington, Whitby, Sunderland and Newcastle upon Tyne.