Location: West London
Pay rate: £30 per hour
We are working with Bourgh in West London for a passionate and dedicated Case Manager for their Youth Offending Service (YOS). This is a multi agency team that works with a range of partners and stakeholders to protect the public from offending and harm and to prevent crime and anti-social behaviour being committed by young people aged 10-18. They work with young people aged 10-18 and their carers throughout a number of key stages to reduce first time entrants into the criminal justice system, to reduce offending by those already involved in the criminal justice system and to reduce the risk of harm to the community. They aim to reduce risk and increase the impact of positive factors, to improve access to services and opportunities in order to increase the life chances of young people. They encourage young people to take responsibility for their actions and make reparation to the community who have been negatively impacted on by these actions.
- The local authority has a statutory responsibility to provide a Youth Offending Service (YOS) in line with the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, which requires each area to have a team of staff seconded from different agencies working together to prevent offending by children and young people.
- The YOS aims to prevent crime and the fear of crime by ensuring that services are targeted at children and young people at high risk of offending, and meet the needs of victims and communities.
- The YOS ensures that young people who do offend are identified and dealt with without delay, with punishment proportionate to the seriousness and frequency of offending.
- The YOS promotes interventions with young offenders that reduce the risk factors associated with offending, increase the protective factors and reinforce the responsibilities of parents.
- The purpose of the job is to work as part of a multi-agency team preventing offending by children and young people by delivering a range of interventions in line with statutory requirements and national and local priorities for youth justice and children's services.
The ideal Candidate will:
This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
- Degree in Social Work/Probation OR equivalent degree
- If a degree other than Social Work/Probation must have the Professional Certificate in Effective Practice for Youth Justice
- Must have an understanding of the context in which Youth Offending Teams operate and the key objectives underlying the provision of Youth Justice Services
- A strong understanding of effective practice and an ability to demonstrate how it can be implemented
Dedicated consultant who has access to all roles across the UK and is available for you to speak to, easy registration process, referral schemes and incentives, ongoing compliance managed for you, prompt and reliable payroll and lots more.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Hammersmith
, Chiswick, Wembley, City of London, Wimbledon, Fulham
, Lambeth, London, Twickenham, High Wycombe, Slough, Maidenhead, Bracknell, Guildford, Croydon, Bromley, Dartford, Romford, Watford