Qualified Social Worker – CIN and Child Protection Team
Location: North London
Pay rate: £32-35/hr
We are looking for experienced and passionate Social Workers to join a dedicated Child in Need and Child Protection based in North London!
Working in accordance with social care legislation and local government requirements, informed by the values and principles of social care; you will be supporting in the delivery of person centred, safe and effective social care services. Using your professional knowledge and experience you'll make assessments and decisions about the most appropriate interventions. Applying your significant Social Work experience and excellent communication skills you'll establish and maintain relationships with service users and other agencies to ensure services meet identified needs.
You'll be committed to ensure positive and sustainable results of your interventions. Using best practice, you'll strive to provide the best outcomes for children. Most importantly however, you'll have a passion for supporting children and their families to ensure that they thrive and flourish. Our priority is to protect the most vulnerable and to be as efficient as possible. You will possess and practice the full range of social work values, knowledge and skills required to improve the lives of children in need (CIN) and their families. You will demonstrate competence and confidence in assessment, planning, implementation and review in a wide range of CIN cases, including child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases, and work collaboratively with other professionals, co-ordinating the team around the child, in order to ensure a multidisciplinary approach to safeguarding children and young people.
Perfect candidate will be:
• Qualified Social Worker registered with SWE.
• Experienced in working with children and families including those from vulnerable groups.
• Creative, flexible and forward thinking in approach.
• Constantly striving for continuous improvement to provide the best outcomes for children.
• Able to use excellent mediation and negotiation skills on behalf of service users.
• Highly skilled at building meaningful relationships with children and families to engage them in assessments and plans
• Committed to providing our service users with a high-quality service
• Experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary, interagency basis
In this role you will:
• Manage an agreed case load.
• Be able to work independently and flexibly (at home) during the Covid-19 pandemic but also conduct important client visits/court dates if necessary
• Act as the lead professional in statutory cases that require a qualified social worker, including child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases.
• Undertake the full range of social work tasks with children in need and their families, assessment, planning, implementation and review
• Bring together and co-ordinate the team around the child to ensure a multidisciplinary approach safeguarding.
• Establish and develop collaborative working with allied health and social care practitioners from children's and adults' services.
• Promote and model effective working arrangements with schools, children's centres and other settings.
• Develop a good understanding of evidence-based practice and integrate models of best practice into day to day service delivery.
• Participate positively in professional supervision and annual appraisal (PrP) review, taking personal responsibility for the quality of practice.
• Take part in case/practice audits and contribute to peer audit arrangements as required:
• Offer advice and support to unqualified staff and students to assist development.
• This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
Dedicated consultant who has access to all roles across the UK and is available for you to speak to, easy registration process, referral schemes and incentives, ongoing compliance managed for you, prompt and reliable payroll and plenty more.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from: Wembley, Harrow Enfield, Slough, Hayes, Twickenham, Watford, St Albans, Maidenhead, Barnet, Amersham, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe, Hounslow