Location: Greater Manchester
Pay rate: £45
We are looking for experienced and passionate Occupational Therapists to join a dedicated Team in Greater Manchester. Are you interested in in joining a highly professional team committed to continuous service improvement, that is results driven and quality focused?
The team aims to provide appropriate equipment and adaptations to disabled and older people can enhance independence, prevent falls and hospital admissions and reduce reliance on care services. The aim is to offer a comprehensive, co-ordinated and streamlined service to our customers. This covers children, adults and moving and handling.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the effective operation of the complex assessment service within MSIL.
The service is extremely busy and deals with the assessment of applicants for complex equipment and major adaptations, Moving and Handling risk assessments and the assessment for and provision of Blue Badges (parking concessions for disabled and blind people).
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy two years post-registration experience and current registration with HCPC;
• Ability to produce clear and concise written reports;
• Ability to demonstrate strong team working skills including working in a multi-disciplinary team and liaison with relevant bodies;
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to disability;
• Experience in at least one of the following areas - provision of major adaptations or moving and handling or paediatric equipment/children with complex needs;
• Extensive experience of visiting disabled and/or older people in their home;
• A good understanding of the aims of the service in relation to meeting the needs of older and disabled people living in Manchester;
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals ;
• A full driving licence and access to a car (for which essential car user is payable).
This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
Dedicated consultant who has access to all roles across the UK and is available for you to speak to, easy registration process, referral schemes and incentives, ongoing compliance managed for you, prompt and reliable payroll and lots more.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Bolton, Bury , Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Trafford, Macclesfield, Warrington, Wigan, Huddersfield, Oldham, Ashton under Lyne, Macclesfield, Bury, Altrincham, Bolton, Middleton, Urmston, Huddersfield, Irlam, Stretford, Eccles and Salford, Rochdale and Stockport.