Qualified Social Worker - MASH Team
Location: West Midlands
Pay rate: £32.50/hr
We are looking for experienced and passionate Social Workers to join a dedicated MASH Team in the West Midlands.
Working in accordance with social care legislation and local government requirements, informed by the values and principles of social care; you will be supporting in the delivery of person centred, safe and effective social care services. Using your professional knowledge and experience you'll make assessments and decisions about the most appropriate interventions. Applying your significant Social Work experience and excellent communication skills you'll establish and maintain relationships with service users and other agencies to ensure services meet identified needs.
You'll be committed to ensure positive and sustainable results of your interventions. Using best practice, you'll strive to provide the best outcomes for children. Most importantly however, you'll have a passion for supporting children and their families to ensure that they thrive and flourish. Our priority is to protect the most vulnerable and to be as efficient as possible.
MASH experience is desirable but not essential.
Perfect candidate will be:
• Qualified Social Worker registered with HCPC.
• Experienced in working with children and families including those from vulnerable groups.
• Creative, flexible and forward thinking in approach.
• Constantly striving for continuous improvement to provide the best outcomes for children.
• Able to use excellent mediation and negotiation skills on behalf of service users.
• Highly skilled at building meaningful relationships with children and families to engage them in assessments and plans
• Committed to providing our service users with a high-quality service
• Experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary, inter-agency basis
In this role you will:
• Manage and agreed case load.
• Be able to work independently and flexibly (at home) during the Covid-19 pandemic
• Make early identification and understanding of risk
• Conduct multi agency risk assessments
• Make timely efficient communication both on the phone and face to face
• Accept and direct any contacts from any source, including, police, education, health , NSPCC and members of the public
• Manage information sharing from all agencies and records on appropriate databases, analysing both historical and current concerns, to respond in a timely way adhering to timescales
• Make informed threshold decisions
• Ensure that an appropriate pathway is followed for ongoing intervention
• Liaise with the early intervention services on behalf of children and families who may need enhanced or universal services, who do not meet the threshold for a statutory intervention
• Provide telephone consultation and advice to agency referrers about thresholds appropriation actions and outcomes
• Provide signposting for locality services and voluntary agencies
• Provide feedback to partner agencies about their referral
• Offer advice and support to unqualified staff and students to assist development.
• This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
Dedicated consultant who has access to all roles across the UK and is available for you to speak to, easy registration process, referral schemes and incentives, ongoing compliance managed for you, prompt and reliable payroll and plenty more.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from: Warwickshire, Birmingham, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Royal Leamington Spa, Northampton, Worcestershire, Redditch, Coventry, Rugby, Nuneaton, Banbury, Stratford-upon-Avon, Banbury.