Social Care Assessor
Pay rate: TBC
We require full time Social Care Assessors to undertake Needs Assessments, develop care plans and support plans which underpin social care intervention to individuals who are eligible for services. The role involves carrying out the initial part of the needs assessment process for service users accessing the Assessment and Reablement service in line with the Single Assessment Framework. You will also be required to carry out the final part of the needs assessment process, completing the Care Plan and other relevant paperwork within agreed timescales
You will have the ability to undertake outcome focused assessments and interventions that empower individuals and their carers. You will also be required to maintain records (manual and computer) in accordance with departmental policy and produce information and statistics from those and other record systems.
Assessment skills, good written and recording skills, computer literacy and excellent communication skills are essential for this post. Candidates should also have the ability to competently assess situations which may be of a difficult and sensitive nature and take appropriate action.
Perfect candidate will be:
• NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
• Experienced in working with Adults including those from vulnerable groups.
• Creative, flexible and forward thinking in approach.
• Thorough knowledge of National policy Frameworks in Adult Social Care and the implementation of the care act.
• Constantly striving for continuous improvement to provide the best outcomes for Adults.
• Able to use excellent mediation and negotiation skills on behalf of service users.
• Highly skilled at building meaningful relationships with clients to engage them in assessments and plans
• Committed to providing our service users with a high-quality service
• Experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary, interagency basis
• Trained and experienced in the use of Liquid Logic
• 2 Years plus experience
In this role you will:
• Use skills, knowledge, and experience to make full assessment of risks protection and social care needs.
• Manage an agreed case load.
• Use specialist communication skills to achieve optimum outcomes for service users.
• Devise individual care plans, taking account of diversity and promoting dignity and empowerment.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Liverpool, Birkenhead, Widnes, Warrington, Huyton, Wallasey, Wigan, St Helens.