Qualified Social Worker
Pay rate: £40 per hour
We are looking for experienced and passionate Qualified Social Workers to join a dedicated Assessment Team. As part of the Lancashire Assessment you will be working in a busy and supportive team who assess and work with children and families and intervene where children need support to provide more children with help at an earlier stage. They also carry out Section 47 Enquiries, progress cases to Initial Child Protection Conference and children in need work whilst planning for permanence from day one. Assessment work directly with children and their families whilst also partnering with agencies including the police and health to ensure the best possible outcome with sustainable positive change. The service ensures a strong link with our Integrated Prevention and Earliest Help colleagues to promote local community support for children and families when social care no longer needs to be involved.
Working in accordance with social care legislation and local government requirements, informed by the values and principles of social care; you will be supporting in the delivery of person centred, safe and effective social care services. Using your professional knowledge and experience you'll make assessments and decisions about the most appropriate interventions. Applying your significant Social Work experience and excellent communication skills you'll establish and maintain relationships with service users and other agencies to ensure services meet identified needs.
You'll be committed to ensure positive and sustainable results of your interventions. Using best practice, you'll strive to provide the best outcomes for children. Most importantly however, you'll have a passion for supporting children and their families to ensure that they thrive and flourish. Our priority is to protect the most vulnerable and to be as efficient as possible
Perfect candidate will be:
• Qualified Social Worker registered with HCPC.
• Experienced in working with children and families including those from vulnerable groups.
• Creative, flexible and forward thinking in approach.
• Knowledgeable of Child Protection legislation and understanding of child protection issues.
• Constantly striving for continuous improvement to provide the best outcomes for children.
• Able to use excellent mediation and negotiation skills on behalf of service users.
• Highly skilled at building meaningful relationships with children and families to engage them in assessments and plans
• Committed to providing our service users with a high-quality service
• Experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary, interagency basis
• 4 Years plus Qualified
In this role you will:
• Use skills, knowledge, and experience to make full assessment of risks protection and social care needs.
• Manage an agreed case load.
• Use specialist communication skills to achieve optimum outcomes for service users.
• Devise individual care plans, taking account of diversity and promoting dignity and empowerment.
• Offer advice and support to unqualified staff and students to assist development.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Darwin, Accrington, Edenfield, Fullwood, Blackburn, Oswaldthistle, Burnley, Blackpool and Fullwood