Pay rate: £32 per hour
Occupational therapists provide practical support to help children and adults of all ages, with mental, physical, social or learning disabilities, to independently carry out everyday tasks or occupations with more confidence and independence.
You'll create individual treatment programmes and suggest changes to the person's environment, whether that be at home, work or school, and may introduce the use of equipment which will help with some activities. You'll review the treatments periodically, evaluate progress and make changes as needed.
Perfect candidate will be:
• take a 'whole person' approach to each patient's physical and mental wellbeing by considering all their needs – physical, social, psychological and environmental
• assess, plan, implement and evaluate treatment plans in hospital and community settings
• establish realistic goals with the patient with meaningful outcomes
• liaise with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, teachers, carers and employers
• keep up-to-date written and electronic records
• write reports and care plans and attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment
• refer patients to other specialists when needed
• organise support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients
• contribute to the analysis, planning, audit, development and evaluation of clinical services
• train students and supervise the work of occupational therapy assistants
• manage a caseload, prioritising patient needs and completing administrative tasks such as patient and budgetary records.
As an Occupational Therapist the qualifying criteria is
• Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• 2 years post graduate experience.
• Use of Microsoft Office packages.
• A valid driving licence and access to a car.
• Must be fully registered without restriction or conditions with the HCPC
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Carlise, Keswick, Coniston, Penrith, Grasmere, Windemere, Kendal, Cockermouth, Brampton, Whitehaven, Kirkby Longsdale, Dalton in Furness, Barrow in Furness, Workington