We are currently looking for a qualified social worker to work in a SPOA(MASH) team, based in the Wrexham area.
As a key member of the SPOA (Single point of Access) team you will work as part of a dynamic multi agency integrated team assessing notifications and referrals regarding children aged 0-18.
In this role you will be required to:
• Maintain constructive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and specifically with social care professionals from different teams and local authorities.
• Through liaison, dialogue and searching appropriate databases collect and collate relevant information to add to the multi-agency risk assessment.
• Record, interpret and present social care information and issues that can impact on the risk or needs assessment of the child/young person.
• Be able to explain clearly, highly complex safeguarding information to a wide range of professionals.
• Participate in Single Pint of Access assessment to inform case management, advising where necessary and challenging decisions where appropriate.
• Escalate evidence of ineffective safeguarding arrangements within or outside the SPOA.
• Safeguard children and their families
To be considered for this role, you will need to be a qualified social worker who is registered with Social work England/Care council for Wales, as well as the following:
• Hold one of the following qualifications : BA/MA/BSc/MSc Social Work, CQSW, DipSW, CSS or CCETSW approved equivalent).
• Have 2 years plus post qualifying experience
• Previous experience working within a SPOA team
• Be fully up to date with all legislation
If this sounds like the role for you, please contact Jenny Lloyd on 0161 509 1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org