Location: North West
Pay rate: Competitive and Negotiable dependent on experience
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Service Manager to join a local authority in the North West. You will be based in the safeguarding unit and will have responsibility for the operational running of the service.
The successful candidate will be
• Working across the council to deliver effective safeguarding planning, court proceedings support for children and families.
• Working in an extremely fast paced environment with a high number of referrals, the successful post holder must be able to demonstrate decisive and safe choices for children in decision making, resilience and robust knowledge of social care services and excellent partnership engagement both with external providers and other teams within the local authority.
• Knowledge of process, governance and practice
• Provide guidance and support to Team Managers to manage both service improvement and individual performance/development
• HCPC registration
• Degree in Social Work
• Previous experience as a Service Manager
Essential criteria for candidates
• Registered as a social worker with the Health and Care Professions Council
• Professional training within the area of management.
• Substantial experience in children's social work and within the fields of adoption and/or permanency services
• Experience of managing a team and performance and quality management and reporting
• The ability to lead, motivate and support a team
• Experience of inter-agency and multi-professional work
• Ability to develop written policies and procedures and excellent report writing skills including court reports.
• Sound knowledge of Child Development, the impact of trauma and loss and transition on children and of attachment theory
• A high standard of written and oral communication in a range of settings
• Effective Microsoft IT skills in Word and Outlook and Office systems.
This position is ideally located for access from M60, M66, M62 and M61.