The role is based in a Yorkshire local authority as a qualified social worker within the Fostering service.
This will pay £35 per hour on an initial 3 month contract which is likely to be extended.
Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility
Carrying out all tasks in respect of the recruitment of new foster carers including:
- Responding to new enquiries and conducting initial assessments.
- Delivery of Skills to Foster Training program.
- Use your skills as an experienced fostering practitioner to undertake complex fostering assessments, within agreed timescales (usually 4 months from allocation to panel).
- Ensuring that the applicants have undertaken a health assessment and that all DBS checks and statutory checks are completed in line with RMBC procedures.
- Referees to be interviewed and report of the interviews submitted to Fostering Panel.
- Contact former partners, verifying current employment details and seeking references from school(s) attended by applicant’s children.
- All members of the household to be spoken with individually and on their own about the fostering task and their views recorded.
- Evidence that Fairness and Diversity issues have been explored with all members of the household and any training needs identified.
- Completion of all relevant audits, policies, questionnaires and forms with the carer(s) as required.
- Maintaining ongoing recording during the course of the assessment.
- Presentation of completed assessment to Fostering Panel.
- Undertaking a handover visit with the Fostering Social Worker allocated to take over the ongoing support of the applicants if approved and to contribute to the matching process.
- To work flexibly as part of a team recruiting foster carers providing cover for colleagues and contributing to a rota system.
- To take part in marketing events and to contribute to the fulfilment of contract obligations with marketing companies undertaking work for RMBC.
To undertake this role with us, we will expect you to be able to demonstrate:
- Front line experience as a qualified and registered social worker.
- Knowledge of the Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011, Fostering Services National Minimum Standards 2011 and Special Guardianship Regulations 2016.
- The enthusiasm to develop relationships with prospective foster carers and be able to assess their ability to successfully care for children and young people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent assessment and analytical skills with the ability to meet panel deadlines.
- Work within the policy and guidance of RMBC.
This job description does not purport to cover all aspects of the job holder’s duties but is intended to be indicative of the main areas of responsibility.