A North London Local Authority is looking for an Early Years Officer Assistant to come in on a locum basis working on an on-going contract on a part-time basis. The status of the role states that it will be a covering vacancy so the duration of the contract is on-going and can be discussed during interview. This role has a day rate between £250 - £300. The candidate should be Level 2 in childcare and DBS. The candidate must have worked with children of 18 months – rising 5’s.
Please find below the list of responsibilities the Local Authority is looking for:
- To undertake a range of domestic, cleaning and associated duties in order to ensure the safety, welfare, physical and mental well-being of children and all users of the Centre throughout the day.
- To vacuum carpets, clean floor, work surfaces and toys; polish window shelves, furniture and woodwork, empty wastepaper into sacks and deal in accordance the Council’s safe working practices.
- To spot mop, clean spillage and wash floors as necessary, depending on use to which they have been put and nature of the surfaces.
- To clean toilets, including lavatory pans, hand basins, fixtures and fittings using clean fluids, and disinfectants as appropriate in accordance with safe working practice; to clean potties after use by the children; to replace toilet rolls as and when required.
- To clean and scour sinks and keep other basic domestic equipment and machinery in a clean and workable condition, reporting any defects or faults to the Head of Centre.
- To ensure that sufficient cleaning materials are available by checking how much is left and informing Head of Centre when the amount is low, and when cleaning is finished, to put away materials and equipment, ensuring that equipment is clean.
- To report any health and safety hazards to Head of Centre.
- To operate Centre washing machines and dryers, loading the machines to wash and dry garments, towels, face cloths, dressing up clothes and any items as and when required.
- To be responsible for the safety of the utility area, and parent/children kitchen area, ensuring that all machinery is switched off and safe when not in use, mopping dry any spillage immediately and sorting safely all cleaning chemicals when not in use, in accordance with the Council’s safe working practices.
- To prepare light snacks as and when required and to clean and wash up dishes.