If you are a graduate and considering a career in teaching, a Cover Supervisor position could be the ideal way to gain classroom experience and decide if education is right for you. We have a commitment to ensuring our candidates are supported with their first steps into education and within a school which could lead to a position into a school funded teacher training programme.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the same level of professionalism and dedication as teaching staff in order to succeed in this role with duties that include:
- Supervising classes and supporting pupils.
- Delivering cover work set by the class teacher.
- Providing feedback to the classroom teacher on the pupil's progress against lesson plans and the conduct of the lesson.
- Keeping pupil related records.
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures.
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
- Provide additional support to teachers in classrooms and to carry out administrative tasks when not covering a class.
- Act as a role model, setting high expectations of conduct and behaviour.
The school is part of a multi academy trust which offers a well-developed and well-resourced, knowledge-based curriculum, have lots of experience of school-to-school support, operate effective teacher training programmes and provide strong operational support services to their schools.
This role is to start immediately for a Long Term role 5 days a week, However if you are interested in other positions then please do feel free to get in touch as we have a number of vacancies that may be of interest.
Pertemps Education have been retained by the school to find the perfect candidate so to apply for this role you must:
- Hold a university degree of at least 2:2
- Have relevant experience working with students aged between 11 – 18
- Be flexible, reliable, conscientious and adaptable to changing situations
- Ability to travel to our partner schools local to where you live in Essex
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be able to supply child related references within the last 5 years
By registering with Pertemps Education, we are able to offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Flexible working patterns
- Work locally to where you live
- Opportunities to secure longer term and permanent positions
- Support from a dedicated recruitment consultant
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
HOW TO APPLY
Click 'Apply’ upload your CV (including up to date telephone number and email). However, if you are interested in having a conversation regarding what opportunities that we have available, then please call Jamie on 01245 950 670
Pertemps Education will give you £250 for referring a member of staff to us. You will be paid once the member of staff has completed their first 20 days of employment.
Due to the expected volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.
Cover Supervisor, Cover Teacher, Graduate Teacher, Graduate Cover Teacher, Graduate Cover Supervisor, Secondary Cover Teacher, Secondary Cover Supervisor
Key Stage 3 (KS3), Key Stage 4 (KS4), Key Stage 5 (KS5)
Immediate Start/Easter Start/September Start
Day to Day, Long Term, Temp-Perm, Permanent
£13,650 - £16,575/£70 to £85 per day