Are you seeking a School Secretary position in Bishops Stortford ?
We are currently recruiting for a School Secretary role in one of our Independent schools in Bishop's Stortford. This role would consist of a 4 days per week job share (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday). You will be joining an Independent school which prides themselves on providing a safe and caring learning environment. This single form entry school allows each child to be uniquely identified to improve their individual educational journey. You will be joining a close and supportive team of staff who hold the best interests of their pupils of most importance.
What your duties will include;
- To deal with enquiries, answering telephone and relaying messages to staff and pupils, to screen Headteacher from routine enquiries and to arrange appointments and keep online diary.
- To establish and maintain efficient filing, indexing and internal correspondence systems including communication log with job share colleague.
- To type and produce school documentation, including drafting correspondence as required.
- Dealing with visitors, ensuring correct signing in procedures are followed, providing hospitality where necessary and referring on to appropriate members of staff when needed.
- Providing a sympathetic and patient ear to parents contacting the school, providing general information as requested.
- Receive and appropriately deal with all incoming electronic communications to the school’s general email. Check the School’s e-mail for incoming messages and use judgement to re-direct them to appropriate people/departments. Keep ‘inbox’ clear of read messages.
- To manage registers for Before & After School Care and after school activities.
- Ensure attendance registers are completed twice daily and following up on any unknown reasons for absence.
- Be responsible for the administration of emergency Fire Alarms and planned Drills.
- Administering pupil medication, and managing the medication log and dispensing paperwork.
- To deal with all confidential matters with tact and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills (both orally and in writing), demonstrating warmth, humour and professionalism at all times to foster a positive impression of the school and develop confidence in each of its stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of people, including children.
- Excellent copywriting and proof reading skills
- Good IT skills
- Experience working with CMS and social media
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Work well as part of a team
REFER A TEACHER BONUS!
- Previous experience within a similar role in an educational setting.
- Familiarity with Engage / Double First or similar school MIS
- Familiarity with social media such as Twitter & Facebook etc.
Pertemps Education will give you £250
for referring a teacher to us. The process is simple and you will be paid once the teacher has completed their first 10 days of employment.
Due to the expected volume of applications we receive only short-listed teachers will be contacted within 3 days.
Pertemps Education is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. Pertemps Education is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.