Are you a Learning Support Assistant based in mid Suffolk looking for an opportunity to work within a Special Education Unit? Do you want to prepare and be ready for a return to work?
Pertemps Education are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join a Special Education provision near Stowmarket, Suffolk.
We have been approached by a Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 4 (Ages 7 to 16) Alternative Provision which focuses on the emotional and/or behavioural difficulties of students.
The primary activity of these school is the provision of specialist education services to young people with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) needs and highly focused education services for pupils with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
You will work with a range of ages and the work will depend on the age of the children and their individual SEN needs, but may include:
- preparing learning materials under the supervision of the Teacher
- prepare for a wide range of challenging SEMH behaviour
- working inside or outside the classroom with SEN individuals or groups
- adapting support according to needs
- looking after children's physical, social and emotional welfare
- creating a stimulating environment
- giving information and help to teachers
- keeping records and attending review meeting
Pupil Referral Units and Alternative Provisions offer positive outcomes to young people of school age who have disengaged, or are at the point of disengaging with education. Many of these pupils are known to the criminal justice system and a significant percentage of the pupils are looked after or children in need. Most have been excluded from at least one school.
Despite these challenges, Alternative Provisions support their pupils in achieving a wide range of accredited outcomes in examinations. This provision has maintained a 80% statistic of students moving onto further education or employment after Year 11. HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in having a conversation about this role, please do speak to Branden at Pertemps Education, Chelmsford. AGY