We are thrillled to be representing a brand new SEN independant foundation school just south of Chelmsford. This is a very unique school, opening in April, designed solely for KS4 pupils with severe SEMH learning disability.
The school curriculum is unique offering qualifications that are designed specifically for the school and cohort of learners - offering intense mentoring and support for pupils, placing them in a class with a maximum of 7pupils.
As the Head of Foundation you will be an outstanding practitioner with extensive experience of working with pupils with SEMH and carry out the professional duties set out in the most recent Teachers Pay and Conditions document and fulfil the Teachers Professional Standards within the context of the job description set out below.
To secure outstanding outcomes for all pupils in the school by providing the day to day leadership of a single school. The Head of Foundation will promote and support the vision and direction of the foundation.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Accountable for ensuring the vision of the foundation is implemented and embedded effectively within the school.
- Accountable for the effective day to day leadership, management and internal organisation of the school in the absence of the Executive Head Teacher.
- Effectively complete the requirements for performance management of assigned staff.
- Coach, mentor and motivate staff to build a culture of high commitment, standards and drive for success.
- Support the Executive Head Teacher and governors in creating and maintaining good working relationships amongst all members of the school community.
- Work with the Executive Head Teacher in the effective and efficient use of existing resources, and the securing of additional resources, for the foundation.
- Ensuring all school policies and procedures (including safeguarding policies and procedures) are rigorously followed by staff and students.
- Support the Executive Head Teacher in ensuring that all school policies are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Undertake any relevant professional duties delegated by the Executive Head Teacher.
LEADING TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Accountable for leading on teaching and learning across the school, promoting high quality learning opportunities and the highest possible outcomes for pupils.
- Ensure that statutory requirements for the National Curriculum are met and that all pupils are enabled to access a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- Ensure that all pupils make optimal progress even where there are barriers to learning, through excellent systems and provision for all.
- Ensure that a system for monitoring and developing the quality of teaching and learning is in place.
- Ensure that there is an effective and rigorous system for assessing, recording and reporting of pupils progress towards targets and outcomes.
- Effectively implement and frequently review the school behaviour policy to ensure a safe and harmonious learning environment.
If you feel like you want to know more about this position, feel free to click Apply and await our contact!
Look forward to your application.
Please contact Branden at Pertemps Education for further details.