This proud community Primary School are seeking to appoint a Key Stage 2 Teacher from April 2020 to teach a combined Year 5/6 class. The Primary School aim to provide a caring and loving environment where they strive to enable everyone to develop their talents no matter what they lie in. The school aim to ensure that all their pupils are prepared to be responsible citizens now and in the future.
The school have an exceptional Early Years department as well as good pupil behaviour. The senior leadership team have demonstrated best practice and have secured vital improvements in the quality of teaching. This is an exciting time to join the school as they are on a journey of rapid improvement.
As the Year 5/6 Teacher you will be responsible for the schemes of work, as well as being able to differentiate for the different year groups within one class. This opportunity brings great autonomy and to really make Upper Key Stage 2 in the school your own. The 2019 results show fantastic Reading score with 85% of pupils making the expected standard and 25% of pupils demonstrating Greater Depth. If you have a genuine interest in Maths this would be desirable, but not essential, in order to achieve a similar result in Numeracy for future results.
Pertemps Education have been retained to undertake the full search and selection. The successful application must be able to demonstrate:
- UK Qualified Teacher Status
- Successful outcomes in Key Stage 2 results as well as good KS2 Curriculum knowledge
- High expectations of children and a proven commitment to continuing high standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team
- Creative flair in planning and teaching exciting and innovative learning for all children
In return the school will be able to offer you:
- Fun, happy, friendly, well motivated and well behaved children
- A strong commitment to your professional development
- The chance to play a key role in the re-design of our exciting and innovative curriculum
- Excellent parental support and strong community links
If you are a Key Stage 2 Teacher looking for your next career move then please do not delay in applying for this post. Interviews are to take place ASAP – spaces available 13th & 14th February, which consist of a 20 minute lessons observation followed by an Interview with the Head of School.
For a confidential discussion please call Sarah Catchpole at Pertemps on 07484 504127.