Are you a SEN Learning Support Assistant or Teaching Assistant - IMMEDIATE start full time, or ad hoc available.
We at Pertemps are fortunate enough to be in partnership with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Sudbury and an Alternative Provision based in Stowmarket. PRU’s act as a half-way house for children who are not progressing well in mainstream school due to SEMH (Social Emotional Mental Health) or SEN (Special Needs Education) needs. We are looking for four competent and passionate individuals that are available for either day to day supply or immediate full time start.
Whilst it is not essential that you have worked within Alternative Education (SEN) previously, you must harbour the mindset for working with students with challenging behaviour (SEMH) and confidence to teach at an individual level.
Both schools are looking for candidates who are confident with:
- gaining the trust of the young people in your class & building rapport
- working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups with SEMH (Social, Emotional, Mental Health) needs
- managing extremely challenging behaviour (Social Emotional Mental Health) which can include aggression & bursts violence
- adapting support according to needs of the young person
- looking after children’s physical, social and emotional welfare
- creating a stimulating and engaging environment
- keeping records and attending review meetings
Qualifications or Preferred Requirments (not essential)
-Level 2 or above Teaching Assistant NVQ
-De Escalation & Restraint trained
-UnderstandING of different therapies and general curriculum (AQA, AZDAN)
Both schools accommodate for pupils aged 11-16 with a range of SEMH learning difficulties, alongside other learning disabilities including high end autism, adhd, dyslexia, and speech impedement.
If you feel this is the perfect position for you do not hesitate to apply & contact Branden at Pertemps Education in Chelmsford, we will be looking forward to hearing from you.