Pertemps Education is looking to recruit Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants for contracted and permanent placements across both Mainstream and Special Needs School (SEN). We are specifically looking for individuals who have experienced working with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD). There are opportunities available across Key Stages 2,3 and 4 (KS2, KS3 & KS4).
As a Behaviour Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant you will work with a range of ages across all Key Stages and your duties will depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but may include:
- gaining the trust of the pupil & building rapport
- working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups with SEMH (Social, Emotional, Mental Health) needs
- managing challenging behaviour which can sometimes include aggression & violence
- adapting support according to needs of the young person
- looking after children’s physical, social and emotional welfare
- creating a stimulating and engaging environment
- keeping records and attending review meetings
What we are looking for:
- Confidence in classroom management
- Recent experience of working within a Special School
- Ability to engage and inspire young people
- Flexibility and adaptability
We want someone with the following skills:
- An outstanding role model for teaching and learning
- Values the importance of teamwork and operates with flexibility
- Is inspirational and dynamic
- Sympathetic to the aims and ethos of the School
- Is happy, enthusiastic and has a sense of humour
- Committed to nurturing the development of every child within an inclusive environment
HOW TO APPLY
Click 'Apply’ upload your CV (including up to date telephone number and email). However, if you are interested in having a conversation regarding what opportunities that we have available, then please call Jamie on 01245 950 670.
Pertemps Education will give you £250 for referring a member of staff to us. You will be paid once the member of staff has completed their first 20 days of employment.
Due to the expected volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.
Teaching Assistant (TA) – Learning Support (LSA) – Support Assistant - Behaviour Support Worker (BSW) – Behaviour Support Assistant (BSA)
Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 (KS3 & KS4)
Immediate Start/September Start
Day to Day Supply, Short Term, Long Term
£70 to £80 per day