This Hornchurch based oversubscribed Secondary Academy are seeking to appoint a Newly Qualified Teacher of Science from September 2020. The Academy firmly believe in developing their students so they are able to achieve not only their academic potential but also learn to be a valued member of the community. The Academy also has a strong commitment to their people, which is proven in their Investor In People Status.
The Academy are current graded “Good” with Ofsted, demonstrating that the pupils have positive attitudes, that behaviour is good in lessons as well as around the school. The Academy have a carefully planned curriculum as well as effective teaching across the majority of departments which has led to constantly improving pupil achievements.
As Newly Qualified Science Teacher you will be involved in a high performing Science Department who will be able to provide you with regular review sessions and support through your NQT Induction. The department motto is to spark curiosity in Science and increase enquiry skills which are vital for success. The most recent GCSE results from the Department in 2019 have excellent results with 91% achieving 9-4.
Pertemps Education have been retained to undertake the full search and selection. The successful application must be able to demonstrate:
- Successful or predicted completion of your Teacher Training Year
- That you are educated to Degree Level in a Scientific Related Subject
- You will be undertaking UK Teacher Training through PGCE or SCITT Course
- That you are passionate about raising aspirations and improving life chances
- Clear thinking with outward looking and good interpersonal skills
In return the school will be able to offer you:
- The chance to teach wonderful, highly motivated, high achievable pupils
- Part of a highly professional team with opportunities for continual professional development
- An on opportunity to teach rather than control class behaviour
- Very supportive parents who are interested in their child’s education
If you are currently a Trainee Science Teacher looking for your next career move then please do not delay in applying for this post. Interviews are to take place in the Spring Term, which consist of a 20 minute lessons observation followed by an Interview with the Head of Science, HR and a member of the SLT.
For a confidential discussion please call Sarah Catchpole at Pertemps on 07484 504127.