Are you an educator with experience working in SEN? Are you competent as both an Instructor and Behaviour Mentor?
We are honoured to be working in partnership with an Independent Special School in Sudbury, catering for children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH.)
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills and the ability to manage with very challenging and extreme behaviour.
The school offers a personal curriculum and offers opportunities to work on a range of projects to develop social skills, employability and economic well-being. The School is based on a Farm Site and this role is due to commence following October Half Term.
As a Behaviour Support Assistant/SEN Instructor you will work with a range of ages across all Key Stages and your duties will depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but may include:
- gaining the trust of the young people in your class & building rapport
- working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups with SEMH (Social, Emotional, Mental Health) needs
- managing extremely challenging behaviour which can include aggression & violence
- adapting support according to needs of the young person
- looking after children's physical, social and emotional welfare
- creating a stimulating and engaging environment
- keeping records and attending review meetings
The primary activity of these schools is the provision of Outdoor education services to young people with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
They work with the most disaffected, challenging pupils across the region. Pupils have often been excluded from numerous schools and have been out of full-time education before they arrive here.
The School offers positive outcomes to young people of school age who have disengaged with education. Many of these pupils are known to the criminal justice system and a significant percentage of the pupils are looked after or children in
If you have a passion for working with young people with complex SEMH needs and you have worked with the title of Instructor or Mentor…we would love to hear from you.