Are you a Learning Support Assistant able to travel to or within Southend? Looking to take on an immediate start (full time) at a SEND specialist (SEMH) school?
Pertemps Education are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join a Community Special School near in Southend on Sea, to trial as soon as you are cleared for work.
We have been approached by the Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 (Ages 5 to 16) school which focuses on the emotional and/or behavioural difficulties of students (SEMH).
The primary activity of these school is the provision of specialist education services to young people with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) needs and highly focused education services for pupils with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
You will likely work with a range of ages and the work will depend on the age of the children and their individual SEN needs, but may include:
- preparing learning materials under the supervision of the Teacher
- prepare for a wide range of challenging SEMH behaviour
- working inside or outside the classroom with SEN individuals or groups
- adapting support according to needs
- looking after children's physical, social and emotional welfare
- creating a stimulating environment
- giving information and help to teachers
- keeping records and attending review meeting
Despite these challenges, Alternative Provisions support their pupils in achieving a wide range of accredited outcomes in examinations. This provision has maintained a 80% statistic of students moving onto further education or employment after Year 11.
You must be familiar with supporting pupils who struggle most with English & literacy. HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in having a conversation about this role, Apply or please do speak to Branden at Pertemps Education, Chelmsford. Thank you!AGY