This Hornchurch based oversubscribed Secondary Academy are seeking to appoint a Permanent Drama Teacher from the Summer Term 2020. The Academy firmly believe in developing their students so they are able to achieve not only their academic potential but also learn to be a valued member of the community. The Academy also has a strong commitment to their people, which is proven in their Investor In People Status.
The Academy are current graded “Good” with Ofsted, demonstrating that the pupils have positive attitudes, that behaviour is good in lessons as well as around the school. The Academy have a carefully planned curriculum as well as effective teaching across the majority of departments which has led to constantly improving pupil achievements.
As a Drama Teacher you will be involved in a Department who want each student to develop into a confident performer and use drama terminology comfortably. The most recent GCSE results from the Department in 2019 have improved again, with 84% of students achieve Grades 9-4.
Pertemps Education have been retained to undertake the full search and selection. The successful application must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional Drama subject knowledge
- That you are educated to Degree Level in Drama, English or Performing Arts
- You have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) from UK PGCE or SCITT Programme
- That you are passionate about raising aspirations and improving life chances
- Clear thinking with outward looking and good interpersonal skills
In return the school will be able to offer you:
- The chance to teach wonderful, highly motivated, high achievable pupils
- Part of a highly professional team with opportunities for continual professional development
- An on opportunity to teach rather than control class behaviour
- Very supportive parents who are interested in their child’s education
If you are successful Drama Teacher looking for your next career move then please do not delay in applying for this post. Interviews are to take place in the month of January, which consist of a 20 minute lessons observation followed by an Interview with the Head of Drama, HR and a member of the SLT.
For a confidential discussion please call Sarah Catchpole at Pertemps on 07484 504127.