Warwickshire County Council puts children and families at the heart of everything they do.
It’s a great time to join an organisation that is passionate about supporting communities and families to build on their strengths and relationships and to help them find their own solutions. They protect and care for the most vulnerable in Warwickshire, whilst searching for the best ways for people to live their lives independently. The council puts the needs of children, young people, parents and carers first to ensure that they receive the right help at the right time, ultimately you work for them. Council staff do this with compassion and diligence, making a profound difference to the lives of our citizens, and at Warwickshire, you can do this in the knowledge that you are fully supported every step of the way.
Warwickshire social workers can expect:
Excellent opportunities for personal development and career progression.
- Supportive managers who provide recognition and a robust supervision policy focused on wellbeing and workload.
- A clear and transparent pay structure linked to career progression and professional development.
- Access to a credit union, pension scheme and relocation packages.
- The great benefits package includes generous annual leave, including bank holiday allowances and an extra day. Car fuel allowances and access to pool cars.
There are great opportunities for social workers to improve the lives of local children and their families and to build a rich and rewarding career within an innovative and supportive organisation made up of like-minded individuals. At Warwickshire County Council, you’ll meet colleagues who enjoy working in an environment where new ways of working are encouraged and speed and agility in decision making is truly valued. Employees can expect their colleagues to:
- do what they say
- help people and communities to find their own solutions
- move with purpose and energy
- build strong working relationships
- focus on solutions
- be the best they can be.
Of course, Warwickshire County Council couldn’t serve Warwickshire without its people, and as an employer, it’s committed to providing a wide range of rewards and benefits to enrich the lives of all its employees. These include:
Full-time hours are 37 per week. Warwickshire has a strong flexible working ethos and believes in focusing on outcomes. Through taking this approach they welcome flexible working and are committed to regular home working with technology to support this, job sharing and part-time arrangements.
If you are required to move home as a result of your appointment you can request assistance with relocation expenses. The relocation allowance is designed to offset expenses involved in relocation such as removal, legal and estate agents fees, temporary lodgings etc.
The annual leave allocation is generous. The longer you work for the Council, the more annual leave you are allocated.
You will need the use of a vehicle for business use and will be reimbursed for business mileage.
Staff lifestyle discount portal
You’ll have access to over 8500 offers and discounts from the UK’s most popular retailers and service providers. With up to 15% off high street brands, employees can save well over £20 a week (£1,000 a year) using lifestyle; without changing normal shopping habits.
In addition to the above, Warwickshire County Council offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- a range of family-friendly policies and flexible working arrangements
- a childcare voucher scheme
- opportunities for training and personal development
- excellent induction arrangements
- a generous contractual sick pay scheme
- a “green transport” policy including car-sharing scheme, pool transport and a cycle scheme
- occupational health support
- free eye tests and contributions towards glasses for DSE requirements.