Q: What documents do I need to provide to be considered for locum positions?
A: When you register with Pertemps Professional Recruitment, our experienced safeguarding team will advise you of the necessary documents you must provide, these include:
- Valid proof of qualification
- Confirmation you are registered with the associated professional body – ie: Health and Care Professions Council registration card
- Copy of your passport and any relevant visa documents, showing proof of eligibility to work in the United Kingdom
- Professional references (standard requirement is for references to cover 2-5 years of employment)
- All candidates are also required to make a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
This list is not exhaustive of all compliance checks. Your Safeguarding Consultant will provide you with detailed information as to what is required and make your experience as smooth as possible.
Q: How long will the compliance and registration process take?
A: Dependent on how quickly you are able to return the necessary documentation and how responsive your referees are, the compliance and registration process shouldn’t take long. In order to limit delays and disruptions to your upcoming placement, we recommend you register with the DBS update service which allows you to keep your DBS certificate up to date and allows your Compliance Consultant to easily check your certificate. We also suggest that you regularly keep in touch with your referees and advise them that we will be in touch, to ensure they are responsive to our requests.