Staff Nurse - Critical Care
Salary £26,404 - £34,173
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PRACTICE AND PHILOSOPHY OF NURSING
1. Understand and adhere to the principles contained within the ward philosophy.
2. Show awareness and work towards meeting the agreed aims and objectives of the ward.
3. Put into practice the theory and principles of the agreed nursing model.
4. Manage total care of a group of patients within sphere of competence.
5. Supervise the practise of newly qualified and unqualified staff.
6. Ensure communication given to and received from other members of the multi-disciplinary
team is effective.
7. Ensure positive outcomes by putting into everyday working practice the structure and process
to meet agreed standards for nursing care.
8. Be conversant with and adhere to Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional
9. Comply with the locally agreed framework for scope of professional practice.
10. Undertake nursing procedures in accordance with the Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical
1. Provide direction by acting as a named assessor facilitating junior staff nurses and learners to
complete approved competency programmes.
2. Act as facilitator to qualified and unqualified nursing staff providing them with the opportunity
to achieve objectives of learning contracts to attain specific competences.
3. Maintain and develop own skills to promote evidence based practice.
4. Supervise patients in all aspects of their care giving professional advice and guidance where
5. Recognise own limitations by referring when necessary to other more experienced nurses.
6. Participate in clinical supervision.