Middlesbrough Council have a new requirement for 3 Psychologists to join their Edge of Care delivery structure based within their Specialist Hub. These are full time positions for a 2 year fixed term contract. 3x Psychologists are required to provide a quality educational psychology service to the children and young people of Middlesbrough and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To work as a member of the Middlesbrough Psychology Service to deliver psychological services.
• In collaboration with other members of the Psychology Service to maintain regular contact with service users to identify needs and to ensure that as far as possible the needs are responded to effectively and in a timely manner.
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people for whom you share responsibility or come into contact with, which includes adhering to all specified procedures.
• Assess and report on the psychological needs of children and young people.
• Keep accurate, up to date records of all contacts and work relating to children, young people and their families in accordance with service protocols.
• Prepare records and reports as appropriate and ensure their distribution having due regard to the confidentiality of the information they contain.
• Provide a range of intervention strategies, both directly and indirectly, through parents, teachers and other individuals most concerned with the children identified.
• Monitor and evaluate the outcome of intervention strategies.
• Offer guidance and support to parents to promote children's psychological wellbeing.
• Advise the authority about individual children with additional support needs. This will include all aspects of statutory assessment work.
Psychologist Job Requirements:-
• A degree in Psychology or equivalent approved by the British Psychological Society
• Qualified status as a Psychologist
• Current registration with the HCPC as a practitioner psychologist.
• Extensive knowledge of the legal framework for working with children and families
• Extensive knowledge the needs of Looked after children and children on the edge of care
• Thorough knowledge of current legislation/initiatives in education.
This is a 2 year fixed term role, if you are interested in applying please contact Jackie Whateley on 07928 667144 or email your cv to jackie.whateley @ pertempsmedical.co.uk