• To work as part of the Psychology and Therapies team across all Healthcare units ensuring smooth and seamless psychology and therapies services provision across all sites of the company that meets the needs of all service user groups cared for by the Healthcare care teams.
• To work within the multidisciplinary teams across all Healthcare units, managing a defined caseload of service users providing core occupational therapy assessments and interventions that enable the services users to work towards recovery, a valued lifestyle and aim for optimum level of functional ability.
• To assist the Head of Psychology and Therapies in overseeing the provision of the occupational group therapies across all Nouvita Healthcare units ensuring these meet the needs of the client groups and, ensuring that the outcomes measures are consistently implemented and routinely reported on to the Senior Management Team.
• To undertake occupational therapy assessments leading to the identification of the service users' needs whilst addressing occupational performance, establishing baseline levels of functioning, establishing strengths and skills deficits and, enabling the service users in areas of self-care, productivity and leisure. To collaboratively identify the goals of occupational therapy interventions with the service users as part of the overall care plan.
• To plan and implement individual and group evidence-based interventions, in collaboration with the service users and staff, using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals.
• To undertake comprehensive functional assessments and interventions, fit and demonstrate small aids to daily living, recommend and implement major adaptations and complete moving and handling assessments in planning and delivering Occupational Therapy services.
• To assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid consent and have the ability to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
• To monitor and evaluate and re-evaluate at regular intervals individual and group treatments in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of the interventions. To produce routine outcome measures of the occupational therapy services as directed by the Head of Psychology and therapies.
• To interpret assessments, evaluating the impact of illness, disability or environmental factors on the service user's ability to carry out his or her desired activities and occupations.
• To assist staff across all units in fostering relationships with local communities to enable service users' integration into the local communities.
• To provide support and education to the service users and their carers, as well as staff regarding all aspects of occupational therapy including the recommendation of the case specific best interventions. To act as a team resource/specialist in vocational rehabilitation and employment in relation to the service users. To contribute to teaching and training sessions for staff and professionals on specialist subject areas relevant to the client groups.
• To communicate effectively with patients and carers routine and potentially complex, sensitive, or distressing information; in order to provide patient centered care, to encourage self-management, maximize rehabilitation potential, and to ensure understanding of the conditions. Patients may have communication, perceptual or cognitive/understanding difficulties.
• To attend meetings as and when required and, requested by the line manager including CPA meetings, service users progress review meeting and other and, contribute to the decisions with regards to the service users' care plans.
• To assess and actively manage individual activity and environmental risk to ensure the safety of the service users, self, colleagues and wider public, whilst recognizing the right of the service users to take positive risks in promoting their recovery. To ensure the management of risk is in accordance with Nouvita Healthcare Incident Reporting and Management Policy and to report immediately any complaints, incidents, accidents or other untoward occurrences or near misses involving patients, service users, carers, staff, contractors or members of the public using the company incidents reporting system.
• To ensure that up to date written and electronic records are maintained in accordance with the professional and company standards. To maintain accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date documentation, in line with legal and departmental requirements, and communicate assessment and treatment results to the appropriate disciplines both verbally and in writing, e.g. medical notes, reports and letters.