Are you looking for a New Role where you can still use your Skills as a Qualified Registered Nurse. We are currently recruiting for Disability Assessors within the Leicester Area. Keep Reading to Learn More.
You will be required to work in either an assessment centre or conducting assessments in people’s homes. You will have a schedule of assessments each week and be expected to complete this schedule along with the associated assessment reports within an agreed timescale.
As a Disability Assessor, you will:
- Interview people to understand their condition and how it affects their day-to-day lives
- Review and understand supporting evidence (e.g. the customer’s completed questionnaire and information from GPs or other Health Professionals)
- Produce and present comprehensive structured and impartial reports to the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) or the Department for Communities (DfC)
- Meet face to face with customers and ascertain how their health condition and/or disability affects their daily lives and mobility
- Conduct observations and assessments on an individual’s capacity to carry out functional activities
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and supporting evidence to support assessment
- Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history, a full justification and conclusion from evidence gathered to support DWP (or DfC) in their decision-making
- Ensure reports meet PIP requirements and are produced to a high standard (Grade A reports)
- Maintain and evidence personal Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Online Mandatory Training (OMT) and ensure continuing professional registration
- Develop own clinical knowledge of the functional impacts of health conditions less familiar to you
Intensive training, on-going support and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is provided. If you would like to apply then please contact Nicola Woodward on 0161 5091045 or email Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org