I’m currently seeking a qualified Social Worker who is required to join a Looked after children’s team within North Wales.
You will be working on a busy yet supportive team with regular supervision from your manager. You will be expected to manage a diverse caseload effectively and be able to deliver positive change to children and their families.
As a qualified Social Worker some of your duties will be:
As a qualified Social Worker you MUST be:
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children in line with the Children Acts 1989 and 2004, Children and Families Act 2014, and working Together to Safeguard Children guidance 2013, giving due consideration to their race, culture, religion and linguistic background.
- To carry a caseload and be responsible for assessment and planning for children and young people in compliance with casework objectives, statutory and departmental policy and procedural requirements, consistently maintaining the highest level of professional standards.
- To undertake direct social work responsibilities as an allocated worker to the children and young people assigned, investigating concerns regarding a child or young person’s safety or wellbeing, make an assessment of the risk and protective factors in the family and decide on the most appropriate course of action.
- To work within the organisation’s professional policy and procedures and code of conduct.
- To ensure effective communications are conveyed in a timely, transparent and coherent manner.
- Undertake individual and group sessions with children and young people to reflect their health needs ensuring appropriate access to information about health to help them make decisions. This might include information about smoking, drug taking and sexual health.
- Coordinate and carry out statutory health assessments with individual children and young people as per government guidelines.
- Provide training to both foster carers, social workers and health staff regarding the health needs, support and advice for children and young people in care.
- Give the child the opportunity to express his or her wishes, feelings and views;
- Ensure that the child’s emotional and physical health needs are met, including dental and optician checks.
As a qualified social worker you will receive the following benefits working for Pertemps:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Have a minimum 2 years post qualified experience
- A full UK license holder
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Dedicated consultant who is available when you need them and who will come out and see you in placement
- Bonus schemes * Terms and conditions apply
If this is something that you are interested in please contact Catherine Rogerson on 0161-5091045 or email your CV to Catherine.email@example.com along with any questions.