I am currently seeking qualified nurses with two years post qualifying experience who are interested in working as a disability assessor
As a disability assessor you will be working in an assessment centre or conducting assessments in people’s homes. You will have a schedule of assessments each week and be expected to complete this schedule along with the associated assessment reports within timescale.
Intensive training, ongoing support and continuing professional development is provided to ensure each and every report meets the required standards.
As a disability assessor some of your duties will be:
As a disability assessor you MUST meet the following requirements:
- Meet face to face with customers and ascertain how their health condition and/or disability affects their daily lives and mobility
- Conduct observations and assessments on an individual’s capacity to carry out functional activities
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and supporting evidence to support assessment
- Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history, a full justification and conclusion from evidence gathered to support DWP (or DfC) in their decision-making
- Ensure reports meet PIP requirements and are produced to a high standard (Grade A reports)
- Effective listening, probing, questioning and conversation management skills
- Ability to work at pace, set boundaries, manage conversations and keep to timescales
- Report writing ability
- Able to type whilst conducting an assessment (multi-tasking)
- Capable of dealing with a high percentage of work using a laptop and IT systems
- Able to work remotely using remote connections (training provided) Essential Qualifications
- Two years’ post-registration experience as an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Nurse or Paramedic
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Must be fully registered without restriction or conditions with the NMC/HCPC/GMC and hold a valid PIN
- Hold a full current Driving Licence with access to a car
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
Telephone interviews will take place Monday, Wednesday and Thursday each week.
If this is something that you are interested in please contact Jackie Whateley today 0161 5091045 or email your CV to Jackie.email@example.com