LADO required for North East Authority
As a LADO (Local Authority Designated Officer) you will be responsible for:-
- Providing advice, information and guidance to employers and voluntary organisations around allegations and concerns regarding paid and unpaid workers.
- You will be a qualified and experienced social worker who has worked as a LADO previously.
- manage allegations made in respect of staff who work with children in the Council.
- undertake the role of the LADO in accordance with statutory requirement and guidance; and to ensure that all participants are enabled to contribute.
- offer consultations giving prompt and informed advice, chair strategy meetings where appropriate and ensure that plans are carried out effectively.
- Managing and overseeing individual cases from all partner agencies.
- Ensuring the child’s voice is heard and that they are safeguarded.
- Ensuring there is a consistent, fair and thorough process for all adults working with children and young people against whom an allegation is made.
- Monitoring the progress of cases to ensure they are dealt with as quickly as possible.
- Recommending a referral and chairing the strategy meeting in cases where the allegation requires investigation by police and/or social care.
If you would like to apply or would like more information please contact Vickie Farrington on 0161 509 1045 or email Vickie.email@example.com quoting reference no JW202